Chiropractic Care FOR JOINT DYSFUNCTION
Chiropractic Care for
Causes: Joint dysfunction, commonly presenting as joint pain or discomfort, can occur in the glenohumeral joint. The pain can refer from the cartilaginous tissues linking the bones or associated structures.
Symptoms: Symptoms include pain and discomfort locally and referred. Slight swelling and redness can also occur. People may also report restricted motion.
Examples: Adhesive capsulitis/frozen shoulder
How our experts can help: Depending on the findings of the history and patient examination, the chiropractor will recommend an individualized plan of management.
The treatment options may include:
- Patient education and reassurance
- Mobilization to restore range of motion
- Soft tissue therapy of associated structures
- Modalities including electrical stimulation, acupuncture, ultrasound and others
- Rehabilitation and exercises
- Ergonomic and lifestyle changes
Attention: If shoulder dislocation or instability is suspected, the patient will be referred to medical services.
Get Moving With BodySmart Health & Fitness
Come try BodySmart for yourself!
Enjoy a complimentary week in the gym or try out a fitness class.