Chiropractic Care FOR DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE
Chiropractic Care for
Degenerative Disc Disease
Causes: The specific cause of degenerative disc disease is still unknown.
Symptoms: Symptoms can include pain and possibly shooting pain, tingling, numbness and weakness of the hand and arm. The pain, described as an ache, can be low-grade and continuous, but occasionally may be worsened. Can also be aggravated by some movement including bending, twisting and lifting.
Examples: Disc bulge, disc herniation.
How our experts can help: Typically, these patients may be co-managed. However, depending on the findings of the history and patient examination, the chiropractor will recommend an individualized plan of management.
The treatment options may include:
- Patient education and reassurance
- Manipulation or mobilization of association joints
- Soft tissue therapy of surrounding musculature
- Modalities including electrical stimulation, acupuncture, ultrasound and others
- Rehabilitation and exercises
- Ergonomic and lifestyle changes
- Referral and co-management
Get Moving With BodySmart Health & Fitness
Come try BodySmart for yourself!
Enjoy a complimentary week in the gym or try out a fitness class.