Policies & Procedures
BODY SMART HEALTH & FITNESS
THERAPIST APPOINTMENTS: COVID-19 PROCEDURES FOR IN THE CLINIC
Infection prevention has always been a top priority in our practice as the safety of our clients and staff is of utmost importance. We are working hard towards implementing policies and procedures in accordance with the guidelines outlined by our Provincial Health Authority, BC Center for Disease Control, WorkSafe BC and the RMT regulatory board to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to further protect our clients and staff.
Here is how we are implementing social distancing and sanitization requirements into our practice:
1. In addition to our online booking system, we have added a requirement for credit card info on your file and will be emailing receipts to reduce interaction and limit POS contact. If you are not comfortable with storing your credit card information, please call our front desk to book an appointment and arrange for an alternate payment method.
2. We have temporarily changed the “waiting” area to be in your vehicle. Our front desk will call or text you when we are ready for you to come into our facility for your scheduled appointment.
3. We have also added an “Online” Appointment check-in (bar code reader) when you arrive. You can mark yourself “arrived” up to 1 hour before your scheduled appointment.
a. Look for the “Online Check In” signage:
b. Access the Check-In Page – simply visit the URL posted on the signage or point your mobile device at the QR code to begin
c. Select your check-in method
4. We will ask you to use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting our facility which is located at the clinic front desk. Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the facility.
5. You will be called by our front desk the day before your appointment (for each scheduled appointment) to go over the emailed COVID-19 screening questionnaire. You will be asked these same questions again when you arrive in our facility for your scheduled appointment.
6. Staff will be self monitoring for symptoms daily and will be required to stay home/cancel appointments if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
7. Our therapists will be wearing masks and/or other PPE. Masks will be mandatory, you can bring your own mask (recommended) or one will be provided for you.
8. As appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing, and to thoroughly disinfect treatment rooms between clients, we are temporarily removing all the appointment times EXCEPT for the 60 minute appointment (45 min of treatment and 15 min to manage social distancing between clients and to thoroughly disinfect treatment rooms). If you have a 30 minute or 90 minute appointment scheduled, you will be contacted and asked to reschedule to an hour appointment.
9. We will continue to offer online appointments as an option for patients that are unable to, or prefer not to come into the clinic at this time.
10. Appointment times for each therapist will also be staggered by 15 minutes to allow for social distancing.
11. Please bring your own water bottle to stay hydrated as the water cooler in the clinic waiting area will be disabled.
12. Staff will be disinfecting high touch surfaces (door handles, counters, POS, toilet handles, faucets, equipment, etc.) hourly.
13. As been our protocol before COVID-19, linens are laundered in hot, soapy water and are changed between every client.
14. RMT’s wash their hands before and after treatment, after touching soiled linen or any contact surfaces.
15. Practitioners will disinfect their treatment room after each client.
16. There will be a temporary COVID-19 surcharge of $5.00 added to each appointment to cover the cost of COVID-19 related expenses.
We look forward to seeing you soon! We will keep you posted and updated. Please call our clinic at 604-888-1177 or email us at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.
FITNESS CENTRE COVID-19 CONDUCT PAGE
We are excited to reopen and are sure that everyone is itching to get back into the gym and back to accomplishing their fitness goals. Infection prevention has always been a top priority as the safety of our clients and staff is of utmost importance. We are working hard towards implementing policies and procedures in accordance with the guidelines outlined by our Provincial Health Authority, BC Center for Disease Control, and WorkSafe BC to limit and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
1. COVID-19 SCREEN: Upon check in, you will be required to fill out the COVID-19 Self-Screen before being allowed to proceed to work out.
a. If you clear the self-assessment screen, you will be permitted to work out.
b. If you are experiencing any symptoms, have a fever, have travelled outside of BC, have been in contact with anyone that’s travelled outside of BC, you will be asked to leave the facility self-isolate and call 811.
2. STAY AT HOME IF YOU ARE SICK – If you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID 19 DO NOT COME TO THE GYM!! For the safety of or other members and staff if you or someone in your household are experiencing flu or COVID-like symptoms PLEASE DO NOT COME TO OUR FACILITY.
3. Safe physical distancing: Please follow physical distancing safety measures posted throughout the gym. Work-out minimum 6 ft from other gym members
4. Do not move the equipment: Your Body Smart team has arranged our facility to promote safe physical distancing and to optimize floor space. Please do not reposition weight benches or machines
5. Return equipment after use: It is really part of the workout, put your weights/equipment away after you are finished using them.
6. Wipe after use: It is mandatory that you wipe down all equipment after usage. Our Body Smart Team will be sanitizing all equipment every hour. We ask that you be courteous to your fellow gym goer’s and wipe down the equipment after you are finished.
7. Wash your Hands: More is better. Whenever you have a chance, take advantage of our sanitization stations and sanitize frequently.
8. Patience, Respect and Kindness: Please remember that this has been very challenging for everyone and we are all trying to do our best throughout this situation to provide you with a safe and clean fitness environment.
CHANGES TO THE GYM:
1. New Temporary facility hours: 8am to 8pm
2. Hand sanitizer will be required upon entering and exiting our facility.
3. The water fountain has been disabled. Please bring your own water bottles.
4. The Smoothie Bar has been permanently removed.
5. The Stand-Up Tanning has been permanently removed.
6. The showers are temporarily shut down and not available.
7. Please be dressed and ready to work out to limit use of the change facilities.
8. Please limit bringing additional belongings into the gym unless you need them for your workout.
Staff will be disinfecting all high touch surfaces (door handles, toilet handles, faucets, counters, POS, equipment, etc.) hourly.
We know that not all our members will be ready to come back to our facility in June which is why we will still be supporting you with our at-home workout programs and our Online appointments with our RMTs and Kinesiologists. Our at-home workout programs are available on our Facebook page and will soon be available on our new Body Smart Health website www.bodysmarthealth.com .
If you are interested in a Free Personal Training Orientation please book online @ www.bodysmarthealth.com or call to book @ 604 881 0007.
If you have further questions about our reopening procedures, gym memberships or personal training please email us @ [email protected] or call / text our General Manager Shayne @ 778 984 9377.